2/27/2012

The Source - Great Content

I read somewhere that we process more than 90% of our information through our eyes.
I also read that the most succesful piece of content on Facebook for brands are pictures.
I also know, from personal experience that about 70% of what I share online with my friends are pictures, the remaining would be videos.

Now I'm going to ask you a question, think about the content you see from the brands you follow on Facebook, what type of content do you actually care about?

I read somewhere that all people want from brands online are discounts but I don't buy that. Just think about it, I would say close to  80% of the brands I follow are based in America and they almost always have some type of location restriction on their contests and sweepstakes. That puts me on the "not qualified" list immedeately. So why do I keep following them? For great content of course.

Great content is unique.
Great content has a "wow"-effect.

Great content adds a smile to my face.
Great content makes me want to share.
Great content inspires me.

You want more fans, more followers, more channel views and subscribers on Youtube? Produce great content and the rest will come.

Look at companies that produce great content and you will see the number of fans resonates pretty accurately.

This also brings me to Pinterest which I love - For the great content I find there. For the visual experience, for the low maintenance.
For the focus on great content instead of the real-time urgency you have on Twitter.



------------------------

Related posts:
Why I Love StumbleUpon

3 Social Media Tools I Use daily

7 comentarios:

  1. This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read,indeed.Facebook Likes

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The information you have given in the blog really marvelous and more interesting. Accelerate

    ResponderEliminar

  3. Everything is fine, am happy about your blog. Thanks admin for sharing the unique content, you have done a great job I appreciate your effort and I hope you will get more positive comments from the web users.

    SEO Company in Chennai

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Great and useful article. Creating content regularly is very tough. Your points are motivated me to move on.


    SEO Company in Chennai

    ResponderEliminar